Eketorpsleden is a 1.6-km path out on the limestone plain west of Eketorp fort, the southern-most of Öland’s ancient forts.
The fort, which has been rebuilt, is strategically located in the middle of the limestone plateau known as Stora alvaret. The path runs
through pastures and is marked with stone mounds or cairns.
• The hiking trail pass through grazing fields
• Many of the plants of Öland´s flora are protected species and may
therefore not be picked
• Dogs must be kept on a leash in grazing fields
• Do not disturb an animal´s young or its habitat
• Fossils may not be broken loose